Service Center Coordinator
Balfour Beatty Communities is seeking applicants for an Service Center Coordinator position.
Who we are
At Balfour Beatty Communities, we are dedicated to a singular mission: delivering the quality communities people are proud to call home. We believe exceptional living experiences can only be created when We Care—about our residents, our partners, our communities and each other. Our culture of caring drives every aspect of our business, guiding us to always do the right thing and build meaningful connections as we fulfill the needs of our residents and partners with sincerity, empathy and creativity.
- Discretionary bonuses
- Medical and Dental Insurance 1st of the month following employment
- Health, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Company paid life insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Robust PTO to include, sick, floating holidays, vacation, and personal days
- 2 Volunteer Days per year
- Company paid short-term and long- term disability, parental leave.
- And more!
About the role
The Service Center Coordinator is responsible for receiving service requests, assigning, and dispatching work orders for the maintenance team accurately and in a timely fashion to ensure prompt response.
You may be eligible for a $500 net sign on bonus to be paid out in your first paycheck
What you'll be doing
- Enters required service requests into the Yardi database to ensure accurate tracking as they are received and schedule the work order.
- Assist in assigning service requests to Maintenance Technicians according to the Maintenance Technicians skills and abilities.
- Ensures all Maintenance Technicians’ workdays are loaded with a full day’s work.
- Monitor the workday of each Maintenance Technician to ensure they are completing service requests assigned to them per their scheduled AM and PM time frames
- Liaise with the Facility Manager or Maintenance Supervisor if a Maintenance Technician fails to complete their schedule work orders.
- Assist in monitoring supplies required for all open service requests and will contact the resident when the part arrives to schedule a date and time to have the Maintenance Technician complete the repair.
- Reviews all Maintenance Technicians completed work orders for proper accounting of labor, materials, and photographs.
- Review all work orders accurately reflect the policies for Work Order Management.
- Manage the quality assurance review of the work orders to ensure they have been completed correctly in Yardi.
- Assists the Facility Manager or Maintenance Supervisor with scheduling vendor assigned work in occupied or vacant homes.
Typical Physical Demands: Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move equipment and supplies up to 25-50 lbs.
Benefits: Discretionary bonuses, health/life insurance, 401K contributions, robust paid time off, long-term and short-term disability, paid parental leave.
Who we're looking for:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of customer service and administrative experience
- Relevant industry experience preferred
- Technology/data entry experience with Outlook, Excel and Word in particular.
- Existing Yardi knowledge is a bonus
- The ability to communicate clearly with residents and team members
- The ability to work well with fellow employees in a team environment.
- The ability to plan and organize.
- Possession of a valid, state-issued driver’s license and safe driving record is also required.
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Click "apply" to submit your application today!
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management, and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.