Engineering Technician, Steward, Front Desk Agent
Extraordinary Opportunities Await
- Engineering Technician
- Front Desk Agent
- PBX Operator
The overall objective and purpose of the Telephone/PBX Operator position are to manage the telephone system in a friendly and proficient manner. The incumbent is responsible for answering and transferring calls, recording messages, and providing hospitable service. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards, and goals established by the company.
- Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuinely warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette
- Proficiently screen and transfer calls to the appropriate extension
- Process and respond to wake-up calls according to the standard operating procedure
- Record messages legibly and completely. Notify guests of messages.
- Run daily reports and contingency lists.
- Maintain knowledge of room types, hotel amenities and features, hours of operation, and area attractions
- Respond promptly to questions, concerns, and special requests. The follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Log guest requests and concerns according to the standard operating procedure. Communicate with departments in a timely manner
- Solve problems proficiently
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, property management systems, and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all tasks at the PBX location and proficiently use job-related software, property management systems, and office equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgment and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of office equipment and property management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- 1+ year of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
- Student or graduate of hotel management – preferred
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism &
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, and sit up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting, and standing for long and short periods of time.
- F&B Supervisor
- Restaurant Server
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
Vacation Benefits Health Insurance Benefits Marriott Room Discount Merchant Ski Pass