Plant Technical Manager
CEREX Advanced Fabrics, Inc. is the world’s leading producer of high quality nonwoven nylon spunbond fabrics. CEREX has been in business for over 50 years, is ISO 9001 Certified and serves a variety of specialty global markets including filtration, automotive, composites, medical and consumer products
The CEREX Plant Technical Manager is responsible for the leadership of Process Engineering and Quality Systems teams. This position manages the delivery of continuous improvement of both production capabilities and product quality and supports our business objectives.
Quality systems functions include real time product quality control and feedback to Operations using statistical process control tools, physical property laboratory management to IEC/ISO17025 standards, customer complaint analysis and response, as well as primary responsibility of the Company’s Quality Management System and ISO9001 compliance.
Process Engineering functions include leadership in all aspects of refining and upgrading the production processes to optimize performance, provide technical support and mentoring for the Operations teams, effectively troubleshoot production issues, and apply appropriate statistical tools and the optimization of methodologies in continuous improvement of production capabilities.
The Plant Technical Manage must be able to work effectively with cross functional teams and all levels within the organization. Excellent interpersonal skills are required to represent CEREX well with external customers, suppliers, and the community.
This position reports to the VP of Operations manages up to 5 direct reports.
Requirements include a Bachelor of Science Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, excellent customer interface skills, good technical assessment skills to interpret data and recognize important trends and relate trends to actionable improvements. The successful candidate must have experience with ISO9001 and ISO17025 and be an enthusiastic leader who uses creativity to find solutions and be capable of motivating work groups and engage others in a positive manner
Strong Preference with prior engineering leadership:
- Knowledgeable and capable of applying advanced statistical techniques.
- Manufacturing experience in nonwoven or related roll good industry (i.e. spinning systems, web handling)
- Experience with ISO17025 processes
- Nylon processing experience.
- Ability to objectively assess employee performance, provide critical feedback on improvement areas and motivate employees to improve their skills and value to the organization.
- Willingness to make difficult personnel decisions with non-performers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop positive working relationships with internal and customer personnel.
- Demonstrates good judgement, is perceptive in evaluating situations and communicates clearly.
- Is a Team player and recognizes the need for interaction with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for growth and development of the Operations team members.
- Effectively utilizes resources to accomplish Company objectives.
- Able to make difficult decisions with limited information, results and action oriented.
- Ensure all Operations personnel are trained and capable to safely perform their daily tasks.
- Engage Operations team members in continually improving our safety program.
- Ensure that best work practices are established and followed for Operations department tasks.
- Actively seek out and correct unsafe acts or conditions.
In addition to competitive compensation, CEREX offers a great benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with a Company matching contribution; Company paid life insurance; paid vacations and holidays as well other attractive benefits.
- Must be able to occasionally lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. Occasionally may need to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and reach/lift overhead.
- Must be able to operate safely in a manufacturing environment with high temperature and high noise areas.
- This position requires periodic overnight travel.
Click APPLY to send your resume today!
CEREX Advanced Fabrics is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all DOL requirements including the Americans with Disabilities and Military Veterans Act. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.