Executive Assistant to the President
Illinois State University is seeking applicants for a Executive Assistant to the President opening.
This position provides highly confidential executive support to the President of Illinois State University. Independently performs specialized duties, coordinates special projects, drafts and edits letters and writes reports. This position operates autonomously with authority to make independent decisions. Strong professional ethics and a commitment to compliance and confidentiality are critical. The position regularly interacts with members of the Board of Trustees, the President, Vice Presidents, cabinet members and their staff. The position interacts with external vendors and the public. This position will serve as back-up support to the budget manager and when necessary, processes vouchers, maintains fiscal records, and produces fiscal reports. Serves as support staff for various functions of the Board of Trustees.
1. Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in business administration, management, or a field related to the position. (transcript required)
2. 3-5 years of full time (or part-time equivalent) experience working in a professional business, managerial, or administrative support role.
1. Demonstrated experience working with highly confidential, political, and sensitive information.
2. Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, dependability, and accuracy.
3. Self-motivation as work is performed without direct supervision.
4. Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
5. Ability to prioritize numerous projects with different deadlines.
6. Demonstrated experience managing complex schedules/calendars for multiple staff members.
7. Demonstrated experience managing complex travel bookings and scheduling
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to work independently, take initiative, exercise good judgment, and manage what can be at times a stressful work environment.
Core Work Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Remain at a workstation for extended periods.
2. Effectively communicate on a daily
Proposed Starting Date
Salary Rate / Pay Rate
Click "apply" to submit your application today!
Deadline for approval is September 21, 2022
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Optional Applicant Documents
Certification of Retirement Annuity
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"