Land Care Specialist
FT Land Care Specialist
Are you passionate about plants and wildlife?
Do you enjoy teaching others?
Are you committed to improving Indigenous-led conservation?
Come join our team! The Native Land Conservancy is a Native American-led land conservation nonprofit based in Mashpee, Massachusetts.
The Land Care Specialist is a new position dedicated to caring for the land. This position is well-suited for someone who has broad knowledge of local plants and animals, enjoys teaching others, can balance fieldwork with desk work, and is committed to improving Indigenous-led conservation locally and beyond.
- Restore and maintain habitats such as: reintroducing native species, control invasive plants, and improving trails
- Regularly monitor all NLC land holdings across eight towns and proactively address issues
- Enforce land use policies
- Annually visit conservation restriction properties and report on compliance
- Keep digital and physical records
- Cultivate and lead volunteers in improving habitats
- Lead guided tours, walks, and paddles
- Assist with collecting ecological data and cultural inventory information
- Maintain and operate equipment such as chainsaws and wildlife cameras
- Support special events and projects as needed
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, a community-builder, respectful of diverse perspectives, and have basic computer skills.
The Land Care Specialist will be supervised by the Executive Director and will be based in the NLC office (30%) and outdoors (70%). This position is full-time (35 hours). Compensation includes a salary between $50,000 – $55,000 and competitive benefits.
To learn more, visit www.nativelandconservancy.org or click "Apply Now" today!
Qualified Native American candidates are highly encouraged to apply.