POSITION PURPOSE: Performs routine building and equipment maintenance, custodial and security duties to ensure the overall maintenance and security of a facility. Dealing with public during events necessary. Some weekend work required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Custodial and maintenance duties; and
- Security procedures
- Dealing with the public
- Setting up rooms for meetings
- Follow oral and written directions
- Operate required cleaning equipment
- Perform lifting up to 50 pounds
- Climb stairs and use step ladders
- Work with variety of cleaning/chemical products
- Deal courteously with the public
- Work outside occasionally
Full-time position working days (6am- 3pm) Monday-Friday. Will be assigned general custodial duties in the NSU Library.
Duties include, but are not limited to: cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors, emptying garbage, snow shoveling, lifting supplies, setting up rooms for meetings.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, operate commercial cleaning equipment, and work with the public. Full benefits package, including paid medical insurance for the employee and three weeks’ vacation.