Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
As a Staff Accountant, you will have the chance to work directly with some of our great suppliers and customers of our business. You will also memorialize these interactions in our general ledger and supporting systems as your work plays an integral role in maintaining our customer service and cash flow, while also providing the foundation for building our financial statements. This position requires a high degree of cooperation with others and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Team members must be able to work mandatory overtime when outside their regularly scheduled shift when directed by management.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable daily.
- Support the monthly close process including bank reconciliations and preparing and posting adjusting entries.
- Assist with preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and monthly financial reporting.
- Assist the Controller with the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Accounting department.
- Be respectful and courteous to other Redfield Energy employees.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Work in an honest and ethical manner; maintain confidentiality on all business related matters.
- Team member is expected to physically report to work on time at their assigned location and is seldom absent.
- Team member can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is
conscientious about assignments.
- Maintain a team environment with other departments at all times.
- Champion Redfield Energy in the community.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and a friendly atmosphere.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements/Competencies
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate and provide the
- Have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or 2-3 years’ experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required.
- Knowledge in Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
This position is largely self-directed and requires a thorough understanding of company policy, procedures and values. Team members will be required to adhere to safety requirements at all times and in all work environments. In the office, the team member will work on a personal computer.
Specific physical requirements include:
- Sitting for approximately 90% of the time while working on a personal computer.
- Occasionally lifting weights of fifty (50) pounds or less.